THEOLOGY & APOLOGETICS
Aliens: Extra-Terrestrials or Demons?
By Gary Meredith
Single Page/Printer Friendly
Based on their appearances, movements, messages, and followers, extraterrestrials (ETs) are not physical beings from other planets, but demons from hell doing Satan's bidding — the evil, lying spirits the Bible warns us about (1 Kings 22:22; Ephesians 2:2; 6:11-12; 1 John 4:1-3), deceiving millions with a highly appealing counterfeit gospel.
As we'll see from a brief overview of their messages, Satan's strategy has not changed from his first recorded lie in Eden (Genesis 3:1-5), to his temptation of Jesus (Matthew 4:1-10). He cites God's Word, then twists it into a lie. ET heresies, lies and methods are remarkably similar to anti-Christian cults like the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses, as well as those reported in séances, astrology, fortune telling, witchcraft and other occult practice strongly condemned in the Bible (Leviticus 20:6, 27; Deuteronomy 18:9-13).
ETs are consistently reported proclaiming some or all of the following lies (Bible verses listed after each claim refute that specific lie).
• A new and different revelation of the Bible, Christ's teachings, and key Christian doctrines (Psalm 119:89; Isaiah 8:19; John 10:35; Galatians 1:6-9)
• Acknowledging Jesus as a great teacher and exalted being, but never as God's only Son come in the flesh (John 1:14; 3:16; 1 John 4:1-3), our only Savior (John 14:6; Acts 4:12)
• God is not a Person, but a great cosmic mind and spiritual power we can all tap into (Exodus 33:11; Luke 24:39; John 14:23)
• ETs created mankind (Genesis 1: 26-27; Isaiah 45:9-12; John 1:10-11)
• Humans have past lives (reincarnation, transmigration of the soul), or contain the souls of ETs (Hebrews 9:27)
• Revelations are delivered by channeling or other spiritual means (Leviticus 20:27; Isaiah 8:19; 19:3; Colossians 2:18-19)
• Higher levels of awareness, knowledge and existence are achievable by human/spiritual effort (Romans 12:2; Colossians 2:2-4; James 1:4; Revelation 2:24)
• Humanity can serve and save itself by tapping into cosmic or spiritual power, rather than Christ working through us to do his will (John 15:5; Colossians 1:29)
• Peace of mind, joy, personal fulfillment and true happiness is promised apart from God (Isaiah 48:18; John 10:10; 14:1, 27; Ephesians 2:12-15; Philippians 4:6-9)
• The solution to all mankind's problems and a new age of utopian peace and harmony can come to earth by humans following the ET plan (Isaiah 65:17; John 14:2-3; 2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21-22)
This list of heresies makes clear that the universal goal of the many different ET organizations is to create a spiritually satisfying counterfeit of Christianity. Since man is a spiritual being, Satan has designed these counterfeits to fulfill the same spiritual longings and needs that only a relationship with God can truly satisfy (John 14:23; 2 Corinthians 5:17-21). To mask that lack, ET cults present very complicated, multi-level teachings full of spiritual mumbo jumbo requiring a lifetime of study to master — an effective distraction from man's only real hope eternal salvation, which is simple and free (John 3:16; Acts 16:30-31; Romans 10:6-13; 1 Corinthians 2:2; Ephesians 2:8-9). Followers are continually given amazing glimpses never quite seen, tantalizing promises never fulfilled, lofty goals never reached.
Raelians - Founded by Frenchman named Claude Vorilhon, who changed his name to Rael after claiming to have spent six days in an ET spacecraft in 1973 taking dictation from an alien about the real story of humanity's history. Rael wrote the revelations in a book, Intelligent Design: Messages from the Designers, who said, "We created humanity. You mistook us for gods. We were the ones who started all the religions on earth." All life on earth was created by alien scientists, "chemical artists." Creating man (Gen 1:26) was actually a violation of ET government orders not to create intelligent life. These scientists revealed to Adam and Eve that "creators and created are exactly the same" (see Mormonism), then out of love got them to violate another ET government order against eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. So Adam and Eve were not violating God's law, only an alien government of humanoids like ourselves. The book, while claiming to explain the Bible, directly contradicts everything it teaches about Christ — starting with Mary, who was impregnated by a physical alien, not the Holy Spirit (Luke 1:35).
The Aetherius Society - Founded by the late "Master of Yoga and medium" George King, claims "The Great Cosmic Master of Love, Jesus" revealed the "sacred truths" known as The Twelve Blessings in 1958. The cult promises to hold "the key [spiritual energy] which will unlock all doors to all problems ever facing mankind." That key is obtained through prayer, a force they promise can "change your life and the world."
Unarius Educational Foundation - Founded in 1954, they claim proof for humankind on other worlds, and that tremendous, positive global changes will soon result from contacts with extraterrestrials — the "Space Brothers." In 1973, a series of "mental communications" with the leaders of thirty-two planets was revealed as part of the Master Plan to rejoin these worlds with planet Earth to form an Interplanetary Confederation...to spiritually awaken...and solve wars, misuse of technology, environmental disasters, overpopulation, etc. The "projection of healing energies" from the higher spiritual worlds will enable earth and the other planets to put love into action so we can all live in peace and harmony.
The Universal Industrial Church of the New World Comforter - Californian Allen Noonan claimed to have been beamed up into a Mothership in 1947 where he met with Galactic Space Beings. He changed his name to Allen Michael, then founded this church in 1973. His channeled revelations are found in The Everlasting Gospel, "giving humanity a master plan that brings absolute freedom, security and abundance to everyone on the planet," from "the Universal Mind of cosmic intelligence." Lots of Bible verses, all of them misapplied to promote doctrines of demons. (1 Timothy 4:1)
Continue to Page Two
comments powered by Disqus