Based on their appearances, movements, messages, and followers, extraterrestrials (ETs) are not physical beings from other planets, but demons from hell doing Satan's bidding — the evil, lying spirits the Bible warns us about (1 Kings 22:22; Ephesians 2:2; 6:11-12; 1 John 4:1-3), deceiving millions with a highly appealing counterfeit gospel.
As we'll see from a brief overview of their messages, Satan's strategy has not changed from his first recorded lie in Eden (Genesis 3:1-5), to his temptation of Jesus (Matthew 4:1-10). He cites God's Word, then twists it into a lie. ET heresies, lies and methods are remarkably similar to anti-Christian cults like the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses, as well as those reported in séances, astrology, fortune telling, witchcraft and other occult practice strongly condemned in the Bible (Leviticus 20:6, 27; Deuteronomy 18:9-13).
ETs are consistently reported proclaiming some or all of the following lies (Bible verses listed after each claim refute that specific lie).
A new and different revelation of the Bible, Christ's teachings, and key Christian doctrines (Psalm 119:89; Isaiah 8:19; John 10:35; Galatians 1:6-9)
Acknowledging Jesus as a great teacher and exalted being, but never as God's only Son come in the flesh (John 1:14; 3:16; 1 John 4:1-3), our only Savior (John 14:6; Acts 4:12)
God is not a Person, but a great cosmic mind and spiritual power we can all tap into (Exodus 33:11; Luke 24:39; John 14:23)
ETs created mankind (Genesis 1: 26-27; Isaiah 45:9-12; John 1:10-11)
Humans have past lives (reincarnation, transmigration of the soul), or contain the souls of ETs (Hebrews 9:27)
Revelations are delivered by channeling or other spiritual means (Leviticus 20:27; Isaiah 8:19; 19:3; Colossians 2:18-19)
Higher levels of awareness, knowledge and existence are achievable by human/spiritual effort (Romans 12:2; Colossians 2:2-4; James 1:4; Revelation 2:24)
Humanity can serve and save itself by tapping into cosmic or spiritual power, rather than Christ working through us to do his will (John 15:5; Colossians 1:29)
Peace of mind, joy, personal fulfillment and true happiness is promised apart from God (Isaiah 48:18; John 10:10; 14:1, 27; Ephesians 2:12-15; Philippians 4:6-9)
The solution to all mankind's problems and a new age of utopian peace and harmony can come to earth by humans following the ET plan (Isaiah 65:17; John 14:2-3; 2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21-22)
This list of heresies makes clear that the universal goal of the many different ET organizations is to create a spiritually satisfying counterfeit of Christianity. Since man is a spiritual being, Satan has designed these counterfeits to fulfill the same spiritual longings and needs that only a relationship with God can truly satisfy (John 14:23; 2 Corinthians 5:17-21). To mask that lack, ET cults present very complicated, multi-level teachings full of spiritual mumbo jumbo requiring a lifetime of study to master — an effective distraction from man's only real hope eternal salvation, which is simple and free (John 3:16; Acts 16:30-31; Romans 10:6-13; 1 Corinthians 2:2; Ephesians 2:8-9). Followers are continually given amazing glimpses never quite seen, tantalizing promises never fulfilled, lofty goals never reached.
Following are nine ET-based organizations promoting some or all of the above heresies. Several have large, worldwide followings, and actively seek new members with slick websites and literature.
- Founded by Frenchman named Claude Vorilhon, who changed his name to Rael after claiming to have spent six days in an ET spacecraft in 1973 taking dictation from an alien about the real story of humanity's history. Rael wrote the revelations in a book, Intelligent Design: Messages from the Designers
, who said, "We created humanity. You mistook us for gods. We were the ones who started all the religions on earth." All life on earth was created by alien scientists, "chemical artists." Creating man (Gen 1:26) was actually a violation of ET government orders not to create intelligent life. These scientists revealed to Adam and Eve that "creators and created are exactly the same" (see Mormonism), then out of love got them to violate another ET government order against eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. So Adam and Eve were not violating God's law, only an alien government of humanoids like ourselves. The book, while claiming to explain the Bible, directly contradicts everything it teaches about Christ — starting with Mary, who was impregnated by a physical alien, not the Holy Spirit (Luke 1:35).
The Aetherius Society
- Founded by the late "Master of Yoga and medium" George King, claims "The Great Cosmic Master of Love, Jesus" revealed the "sacred truths" known as The Twelve Blessings in 1958. The cult promises to hold "the key [spiritual energy] which will unlock all doors to all problems ever facing mankind." That key is obtained through prayer, a force they promise can "change your life and the world."
Unarius Educational Foundation
- Founded in 1954, they claim proof for humankind on other worlds, and that tremendous, positive global changes will soon result from contacts with extraterrestrials — the "Space Brothers." In 1973, a series of "mental communications" with the leaders of thirty-two planets was revealed as part of the Master Plan to rejoin these worlds with planet Earth to form an Interplanetary Confederation...to spiritually awaken...and solve wars, misuse of technology, environmental disasters, overpopulation, etc. The "projection of healing energies" from the higher spiritual worlds will enable earth and the other planets to put love into action so we can all live in peace and harmony.
The Universal Industrial Church of the New World Comforter
- Californian Allen Noonan claimed to have been beamed up into a Mothership in 1947 where he met with Galactic Space Beings. He changed his name to Allen Michael, then founded this church in 1973. His channeled revelations are found in The Everlasting Gospel, "giving humanity a master plan that brings absolute freedom, security and abundance to everyone on the planet," from "the Universal Mind of cosmic intelligence." Lots of Bible verses, all of them misapplied to promote doctrines of demons. (1 Timothy 4:1)
- 39 members famously committed mass suicide in California in 1997 so that their souls could board the spaceship hidden in the tail of the Hale-Bopp comet when it passed near earth. Its two original founders claimed, and may have actually believed, they were the "two witnesses" of Revelation 11, and that they had become superior beings with the aid of ETs. One, Marshall Applewhite, implied he was Christ reincarnated. They taught that humans had been created by aliens, that earth was about to be wiped out, and only a few of the most "spiritually evolved" humans would be chosen for salvation by being brought into the flying saucers. Based on the leaders' and members' intense self-discipline and suicide, it is likely they believed every bit of it. (For demons' desire to kill the people they possess, see Mark 9:17-21).
Nation of Islam
- Combines Islam with intense racism and the ET agenda. Current leader Louis Farrakhan claims to have visited the "Mother Plane," a manmade spaceship where he spoke with the cult's deceased founder, W. Fard Muhammad, who is also God/Allah incarnate. The Mother Plane, which has 1,500 "Baby Planes" that people see as UFOs, will destroy the world — mainly all white and Jewish people — and set up a new world of righteousness. Oddly, Farrakhan praised the next ET cult, Scientology, and its white founder.
- Founded in 1953 by fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard, who, after dabbling in black magic, developed it into a worldwide organization. Hubbard had previously written Dianetics
, "the modern science of mental health," which was blasted by Scientific American
for containing "more promises and less evidence per page" than anything ever printed, and called "gibberish" by writer Isaac Asimov. Typical of ET cults was its failure to heal people as promised. Scientology revealed that billions of people from an interplanetary race of about 10 trillion beings on 76 planets in our galaxy, including earth, were murdered by Xenu some 75 million years ago in order to solve overpopulation. Those murdered souls lived on and were brainwashed to believe in myths like the Bible, God, Jesus and Satan. These confused souls now occupy people as "soul thetans" which must be purged out for us to be freed from those religious lies so we can be "clear" to grasp higher reality. Of course, Scientology offers the only solution, which typically ends up costing duped followers many thousands of dollars.
The Urantia Foundation
- In 1955 the Urania Foundation published The Urantia Book
containing 196 messages reportedly dictated through an unconscious "contact" by "celestial" "extra-planetary personalities." So much material dealt with Christianity that a book containing 76 of those messages was later published as Jesus — A New Revelation
. Jesus was very enlightened, but wrong about Himself, and his disciples got the gospel all wrong too. The risen Jesus has since become more enlightened and has corrected his mistaken notions. [NOTE: Ironically, reading he Urantia Book
many years ago helped me decide to become a Christian. It was one of many depictions of Jesus as enlightened about everything, but wrong about Himself. I wondered why there were so many religions and philosophies that thought they had to deal with Jesus, and why all claimed to know his message better than He did. That nonsense led me to examine the Bible's claims about Jesus, and to faith.]
Center for the Study of Extraterrestrial Intelligence (CSETI)
- Founded by Steven M. Greer, MD (b. 1955), who also launched The Disclosure Project to make government sources and whistle-blowers reveal official UFO secrets. Greer has testified before Congress, worked with US astronauts, and held press conferences at the National Press Club on the topic. He believes UFOs' ability to defy all known physical laws — taking a 90-degree turn at 20,000 MPH (which would disintegrate a solid steel ball), appearing and disappearing, traveling at many times the speed of light — is simply "a whole new science" by super-advanced beings that "requires that we re-think our entire understanding of 'reality.'" While CSETI claims to be grounded in science, it promotes the same New Age, anti-Christ heresies as all the other ET cults. The universe is not only teeming with intelligent life, but is itself intelligent and alive..."a marvellous, conscious Oneness." "All that there is exists in its true nature as pure, undifferentiated, eternal Mind." Christ and Krishna are examples of "ascended enlightened beings." (Greer once practiced Transcendental Meditation, which embraces such Hindu-based views.) ET civilizations are "interfacing with mind and thought," and can appear as spirits or physical beings. CSETI accepts telepathy, foretelling, telekinesis, materialization, teleportation, time-travel in both directions, and other non-physical phenomena which expose practitioners to demonic forces. Greer claims frequent contact by CSETI members with ETs in the California desert.
Obvious unanswered questions for all the above groups might include: 1) Where is the physical evidence? 2) How, in defiance of history and human nature, can hundreds of thousands of government, military and civilian employees all keep the same conspiracy secret for over 50 years? 3) How could a species capable of traveling trillions of miles through space, simply crash when they reach earth? 4) Why haven't these super-advanced beings, so eager to tell us all about God and the mysteries of the universe, ever shared a single scientific breakthrough? 5) Why are species that evolved on distant planets so obsessed with earth's Bible?
The practice of demons claiming to speak for the God of the Bible is not new. Paul and his companions ran into one such spirit in the city of Philippi:
One day, as we were going to the place of prayer, we met a slave-girl who had a spirit of divination and brought her owners a great deal of money by fortune-telling. While she followed Paul and us, she would cry out, "These men are slaves of the Most High God, who proclaim to you a way of salvation." She kept doing this for many days. But Paul, very much annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, "I order you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her." And it came out that very hour. Acts 16:16-17
Christians should treat all those proclaiming new doctrines from ETs exactly the same way.
Interestingly, few if any born again, Bible-believing Christians report any one-on-one contact with aliens. It is usually people involved with occult practices (sιances, spiritism, fortune telling, etc.) who report intimate contact with ETs (not just UFO sightings, which are reported by millions of ordinary people worldwide).
Why does God allow lying spirits of this type to mislead so many in these days?
When people reject God's light and instead love darkness because their deeds are evil (John 3:19), God gives them over to a depraved mind (Romans 1:28). Those who choose rebellion against God have no protection (armor) against spiritual forces of evil (Ephesians 2:2; 6:10-18). They will believe the lies of demons spoken through false messengers (1 Kings 22:19-23), rather than repent and turn to Jesus to be healed (Matthew 6:10). Those deluded by ET lies are eager, almost desperate, to believe them — often to the point of bankruptcy, broken relationships, ruined lives, and even death.
The phenomenon may also be a sign of end times. As Paul wrote to Timothy, "The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons" (1 Timothy 4:1). "For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear" (2 Timothy 4:3).
ETs certainly fit the Bible's description of "the spirit of the antichrist." John also wrote: "We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood" (1 John 4:6). No ET cult ever agrees with true Christian doctrine.
That's why the Bible warns and instructs us about these and all messages claiming to be new spiritual revelations: "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world" (1 John 4:1-3).
Based on the Bible's standard and their own testimony, ETs are indeed the "spirit of the antichrist."